What Are the Best BCom Distance Education Universities in Kerala?
BCom Distance Education Universities in Kerala allows students to complete their bachelor’s degree in commerce discipline without going to traditional colleges. Many universities offer distance BCom courses. However, it is vital to get admission to a reputable college to attain your distance BCom degree.
So, for that, Kerala is a worthwhile option to complete a BCom degree as it has several prominent distance BCom universities in Kerala.
If you want to pursue your distance BCom in Kerala, it can be beneficial to acknowledge the top distance BCom universities there. So, this content will provide you with crucial information about top institutes in Kerala for pursuing distance BCom.
Top 3 Distance BCom Universities in Kerala
The University of Calicut
The University of Calicut is the largest university in Kerala and is among the elite BCom distance education universities in Kerala. This university is also known as Calicut University. It came into existence in the year 1968, becoming the second university in Kerala.
Moreover, at this university, students can choose to opt for BCom specializations such as Computer Application, Banking & Finance, Co-operation, Computer Application, and Tourism & Travel Management.
What Makes Calicut University Unique? Top Highlights & Benefits
- First and foremost, this university got 60th rank in the university ranking and 95th in the overall ranking by NIRF 2021.
- It has got the approval of the UGC and got an impressive A grade rating from the NAAC.
- Top recruiting partners such as Wipro, TCS, Amazon, and many others offer lucrative salary packages to students.
- This university has three other centres situated in Lakshadweep, Vatakara, and Thrissur.
- It provides various types of financial aid and scholarships to deserving students.
Kerala University is in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, and was set in 1937. This university was initially established as the University of Travancore. However, the Kerala University Act of 1957, it renames as known presently. Furthermore, this university is known as one of the most elite institutes and BCom distance education universities in Kerala.
Discover the Key Features of Kerala University
- The NAAC gives accreditation to this university with a prestigious A grade rating.
- According to NIRF 2021, it got 43rd rank overall and 27th in university rankings.
- It is a state university that got recognition from the UGC and DEB.
- More than 150 colleges are affiliated with this university.
- According to Unirank, Kerala University is the 2nd best university in the state.
- Its QS Asian University Ranking in 2023 has got 49th rank in India and 401-450 in the world.
- The university also has a great placement record and its recruiting partners are HDFC, TCS, Cognizant, Air India, Wipro, Infosys, and plenty of other top firms.
Mahatma Gandhi University, School of Distance Education
Mahatma Gandhi University is one of the most prestigious BCom distance education universities in Kerala. In 1983, this university was in Kottayam city in Kerala. Plus, the School of Distance Education (SDE) of this university came into existence in 1989 to offer fully-fledged distance education courses. Moreover, this university is also worthwhile if you want to complete a BCom degree in an online mode.
In addition, students can get admission to this university on their entrance exam. Also, they can apply both online and offline for the registration. It got recognition from the UGC and got approval from the AICTE.
Mahatma Gandhi University: A Quick Look at Its Major Highlights
- The university got accreditation with a laudable A grade from the NAAC with a 3.24 CGPA.
- NIRF 2021 has given this university the 52nd rank for overall ranking and the 31st in university ranking.
- This university has got the 15th position in India and 702nd place in the world by Times Higher Education World University Ranking.
- It is among the 152nd best university in Asia to pursue higher education.
- At this university, students can opt for the BBA specializations such as Co-operation, Travel & Tourism, and Finance & Taxation.
Besides the distance BCom universities in Kerala, you can also consider plenty of other elite institutes in the country. So, other distance universities students can choose are:
- Swami Vivekanand Subharti University (SVSU)
- Chandigarh University (CU)
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University (SGVU)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
- Jain University
- Sikkim Professional University, etc.
BCom (Bachelor of Commerce) courses are offered to impart to students the essential introductory knowledge of Finance and Business Law. This course is excellent for students who want to make a career in banking and finance. Also, most students who dream of becoming chartered accountants opt for this course.
Furthermore, after procuring a distance BCom degree, students can enrol in an MCom degree course to complete their Masters’s degree. Also, they become eligible to take part in the various graduate-level exams conducted by the government. Besides that, students can also work as an accountant, finance analysts, bankers, stock brokers, etc.
So, students or working professionals can apply for admission at BCom distance education universities in Kerala to obtain a BCom degree. Again, students can also choose other universities according to their interests.
UG – Courses
- BA – (Bachelor of Arts)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
- B.COM -(Bachelor of Commerce)
- BJMC (Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication)
- BLIS (Bchelor of Library and Information Science)
- BSC (Bachelor of Science in Commerce)
- BSW (Bachelor of Social Work)