What are the best distance BCom universities in Chennai?
Want to opt for a BCom course at the best distance BCom universities in Chennai? Here you are going to get knowledge of every piece of information you need to know.
BCom courses are beneficial for students with a commerce background. Many students also opt for the Bcom degree program if they want to have knowledge of the commerce field and make a career in this field. This course helps students gain a fundamental comprehension of finance and accountancy.
Also, this course is one of the most sought-after courses by students who aspire to become CAs in the future. It is also beneficial for students to get various employment prospects in the banking sector.
Furthermore, an impressive number of students are also enrolling in distance BCom courses every year. So, if you are a student or working adult, you can choose to enroll in the top distance BCom universities in Chennai and attain your distance BCom degree.
Top 3 distance BCom universities in Chennai
Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU)
This university was set by an Act (no. 27 of 2002) of the Legislative Assembly of the government of Tamil Nadu to deliver premium higher education. This university aims to provide quality education to candidates that have no access to higher education.
It is a state-open university that got approval from the UGC-DEB, RCI, and NCTE. Plus, this university has been successful in establishing its name among the prominent distance BCom universities in Chennai.
Key highlights of TNOU
- TNOU provides all required study materials to the students for your distance BCom course.
- It has various regional centres in Dharmapuri, Nilgiris, Coimbatore, Villupuram, Trichy, Tirunelveli, Madurai, and Chennai.
- At this university, you can complete your distance BCom course in Computer Applications, General, Banking Management, Corporate Secretaryship, and Accounting & Finance.
- Among the 15 open universities in the country, this university is one of the 5 universities to have been accorded the 12B of the UGC.
University of Madras
The University of Madras came into existence in 1857 by an act of the Legislative Council of India. The Institute of Distance Education (IDE) was set in 1981 to offer world-class education.
This is a public university that offers admission to students based on their merits or entrance exams. Furthermore, it is one of the oldest and best distance BCom universities in Chennai to attain a degree.
Key highlights of Madras University
- This university got approval from the UGC and recognise as a “Potential for Excellence” university.
- The NAAC gives accreditation to this university with an impressive A grade rating.
- The NIRF 2021 gives 28th rank to this university and 47th rank in the overall ranking.
- It has six branches in Taramani, Mariana, Chepauk, Guindy, Maduravoyal, and Chetpet.
- The university has got the 429th rank for quality education by the Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) 2021.
- It offers various scholarship schemes to differently-abled students, women, and reserved category students.
Amity University has various branches across the globe. The head office of this university is in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, near Delhi. However, it has a regional centre in Chennai. This university got many awards and accreditations too. Additionally, students can choose this university if they are willing to opt for an online BCom degree.
Key highlights of Amity University
- Firstly, Amity University got a prestigious A grade rating from the NAAC.
- It got 43rd rank in the overall ranking by the NIRF 2021.
- This university is known for providing placements to almost every student at the biggest corporate companies such as Axis Bank, IBM, Hyundai, Airtel, Citibank, Accenture, Cadbury, HCL, Idea, and many others.
- Last but not least, students get the highest salary packages once they complete their education at this university.
These are the top distance BCom universities in Chennai. However, many other institutes are also available across the country. Some of the best distance universities in the country are Chandigarh University, Sikkim University, NMIMS, IGNOU, Jain University, and others. So, students can also choose those universities to get a BCom degree.
What are the career opportunities after completing BCom?
After completing your distance BCom, you can have access to broad career opportunities for you. If you want to study further, you can go for a postgraduate degree (MCom) or a diploma course. Plus, if you are interested in government jobs, you can participate in various competitive exams such as UPSC, bank, railway, and more.
What are the best jobs after completing B.Com?
Once you complete your BCom degree, you can apply for various job profiles, such as-
- Stock Broker
- An Investment Banker
- Account Manager
- Chartered Accountant
- Sales Associates
- Cost Accountant
- Finance Analyst
- Finance Consultant
- Relationship Manager, and many more.
With their cost-effective and flexible courses, universities are providing an opportunity for students and working professionals to complete their higher education without much hassle. Also, pursuing a BCom course in distance mode is beneficial for students who cannot afford higher education.
Moreover, you can choose among the various specializations to complete your BCom degree. Some of the prominent specializations are economics, e-commerce, international business, financial markets, foreign trade management, and others.
So, if you want to pursue a distance B.Com in Chennai, you can apply for admission at a distance B.Com universities in Chennai listed above. Also, you can choose any other university according to your choice and preference.
UG – Courses
- BA – (Bachelor of Arts)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
- B.COM -(Bachelor of Commerce)
- BJMC (Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication)
- BLIS (Bchelor of Library and Information Science)
- BSC (Bachelor of Science in Commerce)
- BSW (Bachelor of Social Work)