Distance Education in Kerala University
The University of Kerala’s School of Distance Education, which began as a teaching and research department of the Distance Education in Kerala University in 1976, is one of the state’s pioneering distance learning centres. The University is located in Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, on the Senate House Campus. There are 156 colleges affiliated with this university. There are 16 faculties, each with 43 departments. The Governor of Kerala is the Chancellor.
As a result, the university provides 25 distance learning programmes, both undergraduate and graduate. With the exception of select language courses, all courses are taught in English. The University of Kerala was ranked 42nd in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2020. The University of Kerala teaches courses to the standards required by international academic accreditation organizations.
Bachelor Degree Courses
|BSc Computer Science||3 yrs||10+2|
|BSc Mathematics||3 yrs||10+2|
Master Degree Courses
|2 yrs||Any Bachelors Degree|
|M.Com||2 yrs||B.Com Degree|
|MSc in Computer Science||2 yrs||BSc in Computer Science Degree|
|MSc in Mathematics||2 yrs||Bsc in Mathematics Degree|
The Institute was founded with the following objectives:
- to provide quality education to the disadvantaged sections including women and senior citizens.
- to promote career advancement by encouraging diversification and updating of knowledge.
- to provide training in softer and technical skills.
- to participate in human resource development.
- to make learning a life-long, ever enjoyable experience.