TNOU Distance Education
As early as 2003, TNOU Distance Education (Tamil Nadu Open University) was the first university in the state to print credit-based self–learning materials. TNOU Distance Education has had extraordinary growth during the last 16 years. With a total student body of 10,82,656 students enrolled in 218 programs of study ranging from Certificate to Post-Graduate, delivered through 13 Academic Schools, 5 Support Divisions, 1 Media Center, and a comprehensive network of 515 Learner Support and Service Centres throughout the state. Admissions, examinations, material distribution, academic counseling, and other learner support services have all been digitalized at the university. So far, 1,86, 774 students have graduated from the university, with a current enrolment of 38,004 students (2017–2018).
Bachelor Degree Courses
Master Degree Courses
|MA||2 yrs||Any Bachelors Degree|
|MCA||2 yrs||BCA Degree|
|MCom||2 yrs||B.Com Degree|
|MBA||2 yrs||BA Degree|
|MLISc||2 yr||BLISc Degree|
|MSC||2 yr||BSC Degree|
|MSW||2 yr||BSW Degree|
- Improve and diversify degree, diploma, and certificate programmes connected to employment needs and essential to the State and Country’s economies.
- Ensure that significant sectors of the population, particularly disadvantaged groups such as those living in remote and rural areas, including working people, homemakers, and other adults, have access to higher education through studies in many fields.
- In the context of innovations, research, and discoveries in all domains of human endeavours, to promote knowledge acquisition and to consistently offer chances for updating knowledge, training, and skills.
- Develop adaptable and robust curricula to increase educational access, expand the frontier of knowledge, and develop entrepreneurial skill sets.
- Offer a non-formal educational system that complements the official system and encourage credit transfer
- Give arts and crafts instruction and training
- Provide for training of teachers