Netaji Subhash University Distance Education
Netaji Subhash University Distance Education is India’s most prestigious State Open University. Subhas Chandra Bose Ji celebrated his 100th birthday in 1997. At a State ceremony, West Bengal’s Chief Minister said that an Open University would be established shortly and dedicated to Netaji’s illustrious memory.
Following his visit to the Open University in the United Kingdom, West Bengal’s Higher Education Minister spearheaded the initiative. A ten-member steering group, led by late Dr Bhaskar Ray Chowdhury, former Vice-Chancellor of Kolkata University, was formed on his orders. So, that students can pursue their graduation from Netaji Subhas University Distance Education.
Following this, on August 20, 1997, a State Act (W.B. Act (XIX) of 1997 and Recognized by the U.G.C.) was approved in favour of the establishment of a Distance Education University.
Bachelor Degree Courses
Master Degree Courses
Accreditation and International Rankings of NSOU:
- Accredited “A” Grade by National Assessment & Accreditation Council of India (NAAC).
- Ranked among 201-250 as per BRICS World Ranking.
- Among the Top 20 Universities in India as per Times Higher Education Ranking.
- No. 1 among the West Bengal Universities as per Web of Universities Ranking.
- Second position as per the ranking given by Andhra Pradesh State Government
- Second position in West Bengal as per 4ICU.
Among the top 4 universities in West Bengal, Netaji Subhash University Distance Education is the top University which is UGC-DEB as well as NAAC accredited. The students who want to pursue distance education in any of the above mentioned courses, can go for this university without any second thoughts. To know more about the other top universities in West Bengal , check out our website distanceeducationschool.com.