Distance Education in Kakatiya University
Kakatiya University was established on August 19, 1976, to address the desires of the Telangana people for higher education. It’s in Warangal, a historically significant city that was previously the seat of the Kakatiya monarchs. The Distance Education in Kakatiya University founding was a watershed point in the region’s higher education, ushering in a new era.
The previous Post Graduate Centre of Osmania University has been renovated and renamed Kakatiya University. In 1968, Kakatiya University’s Distance Education programme began as a PG Centre Warangal under the aegis of Osmania University, with only four departments: Telugu, English, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Eventually, departments of physics, botany, zoology, commerce, public administration, and economics were added.
In 1974, Osmania University started a B. Pharmacy programme, which was later transferred to KU in 1975.
Bachelor Degree Courses
Master Degree Courses
Accreditation and International Rankings of KU:
- Accredited “A” Grade by National Assessment & Accreditation Council of India (NAAC).
- Ranked among 201-250 as per BRICS World Ranking.
- Among the Top 20 Universities in India as per Times Higher Education Ranking.
- No. 1 among the Kakatiya University Universities as per Web of Universities Ranking.
- Second position as per the ranking given by Telangana State Government
- Second position in Telangana as per 4ICU.
Among the top 4 universities in Telangana, Kakatiya University is the top University which is UGC-DEB as well as NAAC accredited. The students who want to pursue distance education in any of the above mentioned courses, can go for this university without any second thoughts. To know more about the other top universities in Telangana, check out our website distanceeducationschool.com.